Prefilled form fields
Improve the user experience
Do you want to make the experience better, faster and easier for your form users? Then create forms, which can be pre-populated with known data.
Where to retrieve known data from?
You can retrieve known data from different sources. For example, pre-populate form fields with data that you have stored in your CRM or back office system.
Another option is to retrieve data from sources outside of your organization. With social autofill it is possible to pre-populate form fields with data that social media platforms provide.
With large or subsequent forms, users sometimes need to provide the same data multiple times. NovuDialog allows you to make sure that users only need to provide data once, after which identical form fields will be prefilled.
The technical options
The NovuDialog platform supports several ways to pre-populate form fields:
- Parameter link: Take the URL of the form and add visible parameters to this link. With these parameters you set which form fields must be pre-filled with which data.
- Encrypted link: Take the URL of the form and add an encrypted parameter to this link. This parameter shows which form fields must be pre-filled with which data.
- Webservice: Retrieve data from another place. When a new form is opened, this data is retrieved using a webservice API. The data is automatically injected into the form. Typically, this only requires a single ID to be added to the form URL.
- Session storage: Indicate per question in a form whether the answer must be stored. Does another form field, in the same or in another form, request the same data in the same browser session? Then this data will be entered automatically.
- Local storage: Indicate per question in a form whether the answer must be stored. If the same data is requested again, anywhere on your website, the data will be entered automatically.
- Default value: Assign default values to each form field, these will be overwritten when the form user fills in the form.